Friday, May 11, 2007

This is just to say...

Well, that was a nice, although unintentional, hiatus. I'd been doing so well, too, posting about once a week, generally on a Monday. And then all of a sudden, I just sort of lost interest. I was still reading other people's blogs, but found myself without much to say on my own.

I was going to write "it's probably better to stop than to post meaningless content," but unfortunately if I went with that philosophy I'd probably never post again. I'm pretty confident that none of what I write here is particularly meaningful, really. It's not like I'm traveling the world or fighting cancer or creating art. I don't have a lot of insights into the human condition or anything.

Every now and then, I start to think that a blog should have some kind of purpose or focus or main topic. Which mine really doesn't. It's pretty much just short notes to people I already know, to let them know how I'm doing or what I'm thinking about. Which I then post to the internet, just in case some random person somewhere is also interested.

Not exactly a purpose, per se, but it'll have to do.
 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6/05/2007 9:30 AM, Blogger Marc Siry said...

I think every self-publisher goes through this crisis at some point- 'does anyone care about this stuff?'

I think that if you enjoy the act of composing your thoughts, writing out the post and releasing it to the world, that's reason enough.

Additionally, you can't make presumptions about what people will or will not enjoy about your creativity- the reasons may run the gamut from looking for a common soul to sheer voyeurism.

I say you should keep posting for a very selfish reason- I like reading your posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home