Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's not your father's Marvel Comics anymore...

What?!! The??!

Marcus blogged recently about what Marvel's been doing to their stable of heroes, but I had no idea how bad it's gotten. Now I do.

Either they're doing a retread on the old Superman death (yeah, he's alive again, what a surprise, sure didn't see that coming a mile away, yawn) or they're actually gutting the character of Captain America and putting someone else in the tights.

Either way, what the hell are they thinking?

I know what I'm thinking. To quote Marcus, "last resort of the hack."

Good bye, Steve Rodgers. We thought we knew you.
 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/08/2007 2:49 PM, Blogger mmclaurin said...

Sara, so if people search under Marcus McLaurin and rant, they'll come here? Not sure I approve.

Seriously, this just makes me sad.

 
At 3/08/2007 2:51 PM, Blogger mmclaurin said...

Um, the Marvel thing, that makes me sad, not my joke. In case that wasn't clear. The joke just makes me embarassed.

 
At 3/08/2007 7:57 PM, Blogger Sara Kocher said...

Aw, you don't need to be embarrassed. It wasn't that bad a joke. :-)

Seriously, I don't think you can search by more than one tag at a time. Sorry 'bout that, anyway. Blogger just alphabetizes the tags no matter what order you enter 'em in.

Yeah, the Marvel thing is sad. I haven't yet come up with an scenario for going forward from this that isn't sucky. Hopefully, they'll do better than I have at figuring something out. I'm not holding my breath, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home