Monday, March 05, 2007

Must...resist...stats...

I almost titled this entry "Why I Hate Marie." Except I don't, but you'll see what I mean in a minute.

It's been only a couple of days since I put Sitemeter on here after she mentioned it in a post and I'm already obsessed with it, too. I can see that someone in Pennsylvania searched for old prizer-painter on MSN and found my entry about the stove blowing up. That I'm being read in Egypt, Hawaii, and Michigan (no surprise, but now it's graphed, even). That someone looking for "stan drake"" juliet jones" on Google found this post and then left to see Stan Drake's site.

So much information! Why do I even need to know? And yet I check it. And check it. "Was the visit from Germany my cousin?" I wonder, "And do I know anyone in Missouri?" Ahhhhhh! Must! Stop! Now!

But I can't look away, now that it's here.

Thanks, Marie.
 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3/06/2007 8:36 AM, Blogger Steve Buccellato said...

I know what you mean. Marie told me about sitemeter maybe a year ago. I don't wnat to think about the cumulative time I've wasted looking and speculating about who is watching my blog.

Cool yet frightening!

 
At 3/06/2007 10:19 AM, Blogger mmclaurin said...

This is awesome! (not sarcasm. I know sometimes it can be difficult to tell. I am actually impressed with this.)

 
At 3/06/2007 1:57 PM, Blogger Marie Javins said...

Oh no! Everyone is becoming addicted and it's all my fault! I'm like a crack-dealer, a Tupperware seller... I'd feel awful but I'm kind of busy wondering who is googling me from Indonesia.

 
At 3/06/2007 9:23 PM, Blogger Don Hudson said...

I am afraid to look upon it...Will I lose myself?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home