Monday, August 14, 2006

Stan Drake

Don Hudson recently posted some old Power Pack stuff and mentioned that Stan Drake, an old-school strip artist, worked on PP also. I was an assistant editor on the book then and once got to visit Stan in his studio in Connecticut.

Stan did a strip for years called "The Heart of Juliet Jones" and when I visited and admired his work, he gave me a few old JJ strips. I still have 'em tucked safely away, keep meaning to frame them. Now Don's inspired me to scan one and post it:



Somewhere in my garage I have some reprint volumes of JJ, too. Such gorgeous art!
 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Steve Buccellato said...

That's awesome! I am also an admirer of Stan Drake. I also was lucky enough to have him ink some of MY work! It was on an issue of Clive Barker's Hellraiser (remember that one, Sara?). Luckily, I had a real pro like Stan to make my work look printable!

 
At 8/16/2006 9:26 PM, Blogger Don Hudson said...

That is truly awesome. Drawing for a daily strip that looks that good required real skill. Thanks for the scan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home