Sunday, April 02, 2006

Any Info on Blogger E-mails?

I just got a request from a client for a combo blog/e-mail list, to be available via subscription. Blogger does allow you to enter one e-mail address to be notified whenever you post. Since he's already got a mailing list to send to, this should work well for him. I think.

Anyone have any experience with receiving Blogger's auto-notices of updates? Are they just a link? Generic text? The full body of the new post? Does the system send updates each time you make a small edit, or only when you create a new post?

So I've just set my blog to notify me and I'll be testing to answer those questions. If you've used this on your blog or receive these updates from one you read, please let me know if you find them useful, annoying, or both. Thanks!

Update
1) When you create a new post, it sends the body of the post to your list, with a small footer which contains a link to the specific post: "Posted by Sara Kocher to The Thing Of It Is... at 4/02/2006 02:24:00 PM"
2) Updating an existing post, even with significant additional text, does not trigger a new notification e-mail.
3) Any images in a post are simply missing from the e-mail. Seems like this could make things a bit confusing, depending on the post.

1 Comments:

At 4/02/2006 9:52 PM, Blogger Don Hudson said...

I've never received an image to my email address. I don't miss it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home